Experienced gamers know well without outside advice what they want and how to get it. But beginners sometimes have a lot of questions about how to choose a gaming laptop. This article will provide a guide on how to choose a powerful gaming laptop.
What is the difference between gaming laptops and ordinary ones?
Gaming laptops combine the top characteristics of all components that are part of them. Modern video games are spectacular virtual worlds, unlimited possibilities, exciting adventures, and real heroes. And without powerful technical equipment, it is unlikely to be able to fully appreciate all this. After all, games with high-quality graphics are the most demanding on computer resources. Significant computational work will be done before any image appears on the monitor. It is performed by a powerful processor that processes data. It builds three-dimensional models of all objects, which are then displayed on the screen with a video card.
Due to the ever-increasing demands of video games, all elements of the computer must be the most advanced. That is why the prices for gaming laptops are not low. If you only run a few of the simplest “toys” from time to time, you may not be wasted. Any pain-less modern PC will cope with a simple task. But experienced gamers will not be satisfied with such parameters. Gaming laptops are like ordinary Formula 1 cars and cars. You can drive, but no drive and crazy speed.
Technical features of gaming laptops: what to look for
If you lack experience, then you need to focus on the following parameters:
- processor: the market traditionally offers products from Intel and AMD;
- video game adapters: they provide quality visual effects, detail of surrounding objects, natural images;
- drive: computer games take up a lot of space and also require high-speed access;
- battery: of course, a powerful processor and video card, high-speed storage, and other parameters typical of gaming laptops differ in significant energy consumption;
- cooling system: during the game all the resources of the electronic device are used to the maximum;
- monitor: it all depends on the preferences of the future owner of a gaming laptop;
- keyboard: in gaming laptops, the location of some keys is optimized to increase the comfort of the game.
Best alternatives of Asus gaming laptops
- ASUS TUF F15 FX506LH-HN215
The TUF Gaming F15 laptop is a particularly reliable gaming platform that will help you win any game. Its hardware configuration may include the latest Intel Core processor and GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card, which guarantees high speed and smooth images on IPS displays with a refresh rate of up to 144 Hz. An efficient cooling system with a self-cleaning function guarantees stability under high loads.
- ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QE-HN002
ROG Strix G15 / 17 (Republic of Gamers) is a gaming platform for the mass user running on the Windows 10 Pro operating system (optional). Thanks to a powerful configuration that can include an AMD Ryzen 7 5800H processor and a GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card, this notebook is suitable for a wide range of tasks. The optimized cooling system guarantees stable operation of the device under heavy loads, therefore ROG Strix G15 / 17 will allow you to show all skills in any game situation!
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401QM-K2263T
The ROG Zephyrus G14 is the most powerful 14-inch gaming laptop. In the maximum version, its configuration includes an octa-core AMD Ryzen processor and a GeForce GTX video card, which will provide high speed in both games and multitasking. The built-in audio system consists of four speakers and supports Dolby Atmos surround sound technology.